Welcome back to the Business of Film Podcast. This week we chatted with Brian Udovich, independent producer.
Can’t say enough good things about Brian. This is a guy who understands the business and his business model. He’s produced six films in the past eight years. And when it comes to consistency in a business that is anything but, you have to wonder… how does he do it?
And we ask him that very question. Here’s some of the topics we cover in this podcast:
- How to value a film product?
- Why business plans are necessary and how to think about them.
- Film School 101 – the most important takeaway is…
- Why every film can be profitable.
- How to compete in an unfair market?
- Evaluating (and squashing) ideas early in the process.
- Understanding what a “brand” means today.
Other podcasts you may enjoy:
Mia Bruno, Acquisitions Manager, Gravitas Ventures
Indie film making tips with Richard Boddington
Maren Olson, Traction Media – the sales business
Producing with Neal Dodson & Corey Moosa (All is Lost, Margin Call)